Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Happy Ending.

Well, I've come to the end of my journey. Today I have two hours of plenary followed by worship and lots of waiting in the airport until my flight leaves at 6:30pm. This week was longer than any other week I can remember. I doubt I got more than five or six hours of sleep on any given night and the days all seemed to blur together after a while. Thinking back to that first night, when I walked downtown with Juli in search of internet access, I am reminded of where I was before GA and where I stand at the end.

I did not experience any major life-changing epiphanies in the last ten days, but I bore witness to something equally powerful: the unwavering devotion of hundreds, all striving to grow and perfect their walk with Christ. Uncertainty of what the divine truly is has the potential to instill doubt and repel Christians from maintaining their loyalty to religion. By the end of this conference, I realized that discrepancies will always exist in interpreting God's will. All that matters in the end is the fact that God has a will.

Attending the 219th General Assembly was an incredible learning experience for me and I'm glad I was able to share it in some way with others by writing this blog. Thank you all for following me on my adventure to the Midwest, and sticking with me until its conclusion.

I'll end with the verse which served as the focal point of this assembly, in hopes that its words will provide inspiration and encouragement:

"Out of the believer's heart will flow rivers of living water." - John 7:38

-Liz

p.s. If you like what you see here, follow my real blog at http://lizcwilliams.wordpress.com!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Liz for this blog! I really enjoyed your YAAD's eye view of was happening. Almost felt like I was there--minus having to put in the long days of work of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, you really made all the events come alive! Thanks for sharing it all with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz. Thank you for this blog, but even more for your service. Your participation in the committtee was extremely important. The grasp you have of the issues is impressive and I like your style of writing. That English major is working. I am particularly impressed that you can spell at 3 am.

    ReplyDelete