Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Success!

We're done with committee! Finally! After two days of intense deliberation on all sorts of business...we finally finished and have some solid recommendations going from our committee to the General Assembly over the next few days.

I grabbed some coffee and a muffin on the way to committee this morning and was already in the skyways when I realized I forgot something important in my room (my cell phone...shhhh) so I had to go all the way back and then walk superfast to make up for lost time on the way to committee. Walking to the Church Polity room consists of going down one elevator, up 2 flights of stairs, through four skyways, down an escalator, through a long hallway, down two more escalators, and around a corner to our lovely room in the basement of the conference center. I must say I'll miss that room just a little.

For lunch, I went to Spike's with Tory, Kasia and Abby. Kasia and I split loaded nachos and a chicken quesadilla. Yum yummmmm. After lunch, we went back for more debating and when all the orders of business had been taken care of, the YAADs motioned to reconsider the overture regarding definitions of youths, young adults, etc. This brought on another twenty minutes of debate and we finally passed a comment to be added on to our recommendation of approval to the GA which would suggest creation of a committee to study age groups and representation for consistency in Presbyterian documentation over the next two years. Luckily we passed this before receiving an estimate for the financial implications...which turned out to be $57,000+. Whoops. Support the youth young adults!

Oh and just for the record, I beat Tory 14-8 as you can see from my sidebar (sorry it comes up so small). Also, please note the weather...75 in Clinton, 95 in Gettysburg and 86 in Minneapolis. Interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I guess you can't trust everything totally. It's after 7pm and still 87 degrees back home here in central NY. Congratulations on your successful committee.

    ReplyDelete